Baby Vokal (Dylan Tyler) News

Welcome to the latest news on the next baby Vokal - now known as Dylan Tyler Vokal!

Monday, August 14, 2006

Nap

Wow, amazing what a half hour nap will do for the motor skills! I finally logged off of work and Jan took a nap w/ me! I feel like a new man.

Before I forget – Jan and I are swapping cell phones, I fried my minutes last Thursday and Friday calling everyone. So if you are trying to get a hold of me call Jan’s cell phone. Obviously Jan will be close to her hospital phone and that is the best way to get a hold of her. Cell signal is hit or miss in the room.

There really seems to be two big thing bothering Jan about all this. The first is how all this may affect Cayden. We’ve had plenty of reassurance that he won’t be ruined by the whole thing leading us to some counseling session in the future with him saying that everything would have been fine if we had only spent more time with him when his life was in turmoil.

I know it seems far-fetched but you worry out things like this as a parent. We have stayed positive, thinking of all the benefits that he will get from a stint in day care. It’s tough since our house is torn up, now he’s not with Jan and me, and next he’ll start going to daycare. There just isn’t much that is really stable in is life right now. No matter what anyone says – he will have grown and changed quite a bit by the time he becomes a big brother. We just pray that the changes will be for the good.

The second disappointing thing is that she will not be able to be in T.Jay’s (her brother) wedding. He’s getting married in Wyoming this September and Jan, Cayden, and I were all supposed to be in the wedding. Now only Cayden and I will be making the trip out. It’s a decision that we don’t really have an option to make for the safety of both Jan and the baby. It’s a tough thing to miss an only sibling’s wedding. I’m going to check into the location to see if I can get her dialed in to the wedding somehow…

Thank you again for all of the support and offers for help. We will probably be taking you up on your offers at some point after Jan is on bed rest at home.

It’s time for me to go home, check on the house progress, and get some stuff done before going to bed. Except now I’m roped into the Treasure Hunters show!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey guys,
    I want to reassure you that Cayden will come out of all of this turmoil just fine. From our experience with Randy's medical issues, my girls from a very early age have learned to live and adapt to more than other kids their age. I think they have become strong people because of it and have grown up to be very compassionate people.

    If Cayden remembers any of this it will be all the fun he had with his grandparents and new friends he's sure to meet in daycare. As far as the house, it will be different but mom and dad will be there so it will be okay.

    Remember "This Too Shall Pass"! Hang in there and know that we keep all of you in our prayers.

    The Jackson's

     
  • At 8:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Guys.
    We are watching your blog and praying that Baby V#2 can stick it out inside mom for as long as possible! Hang in there Jan! We are all routing for you. I can feel the concern for Cayden. A million people will tell you, he'll be fine, BUT HE's YOUR BABY! I understand! All I can say is he is so lucky to have loving, caring parents! You'll make the right decisions for him! We'll be watching for the great news to develop.

    Love
    Jenn Huettl

     

Post a Comment

<< Home