Volunteer Calendar
Hello!
As promised, I finished the volunteer calendar this weekend. The link to it is over on the right under "Links"...
Unfortunately I couldn't find a place online that offered the ability for me to set up a calendar and then allow anyone to edit it without having to be a member or registered user (like Yahoo), so I opted to just build one, make it display only, and what you can do is look at it and then email me and tell me when you would like your name put on the calendar.
Now, obviously we don’t need food brought in every day because we would never get through leftovers!! So, what I’m thinking is when you request to be put on the calendar, kind of have an idea of how many servings you’re planning to bring and if it’s something that will get us through multiple meals, tell us, and we’ll just put your name on the calendar for multiple days. Hopefully that will work. If anyone else has a better idea, tell me.
Also, we don't have a kitchen right now! What we do have is a refrigerator/freezer, a toaster oven, and a microwave. So just keep that in mind when you're preparing your food. :)
As for visits…anyone is welcome, but keep in mind with small children that our house is definitely not child safe at this point and it really is tough for the kids because there just isn't anything for them to do accept get in to trouble or dangerous situations. Hopefully that will be better soon.
I can’t thank you all enough for wanting to help. We really appreciate it. We keep telling ourselves that if you were in our shoes, we would expect to be able to help you…it takes a lot to swallow your pride. But we realize at this point that we just have to graciously accept the help. So thank you!
Have a good week!
Jan, Chris, and Cayden
As promised, I finished the volunteer calendar this weekend. The link to it is over on the right under "Links"...
Unfortunately I couldn't find a place online that offered the ability for me to set up a calendar and then allow anyone to edit it without having to be a member or registered user (like Yahoo), so I opted to just build one, make it display only, and what you can do is look at it and then email me and tell me when you would like your name put on the calendar.
Now, obviously we don’t need food brought in every day because we would never get through leftovers!! So, what I’m thinking is when you request to be put on the calendar, kind of have an idea of how many servings you’re planning to bring and if it’s something that will get us through multiple meals, tell us, and we’ll just put your name on the calendar for multiple days. Hopefully that will work. If anyone else has a better idea, tell me.
Also, we don't have a kitchen right now! What we do have is a refrigerator/freezer, a toaster oven, and a microwave. So just keep that in mind when you're preparing your food. :)
As for visits…anyone is welcome, but keep in mind with small children that our house is definitely not child safe at this point and it really is tough for the kids because there just isn't anything for them to do accept get in to trouble or dangerous situations. Hopefully that will be better soon.
I can’t thank you all enough for wanting to help. We really appreciate it. We keep telling ourselves that if you were in our shoes, we would expect to be able to help you…it takes a lot to swallow your pride. But we realize at this point that we just have to graciously accept the help. So thank you!
Have a good week!
Jan, Chris, and Cayden
2 Comments:
At 7:10 AM,
Anonymous said…
Jan, Chris, and Cayden,
Hey, the volunteer calendar is a great idea!!! That will really help those who want to bring food so you don't have it all at once. Sure do like checking the blog for updates! Hugs and Kisses!!! MOM/MIL/GB
At 9:26 AM,
Anonymous said…
Hi Jan, Chris and Cayden,
It's nice to get your blog updates and know that you are doing well. I checked the volunteer calendar (a great idea by the way) and I thought that maybe I could bring a meal over on Sunday of Labor Day weekend. Do you like spaghetti/meatballs (could be in a crock pot), or lasagna (pre-cooked, warmed in microwave), or something else? My email is thomaschad_tanya@hotmail.com, so we can chat directly - I tried to call but maybe you have your phone off (very understandable!).
Take care, you are in our prayers!
Tanya- 416-0411
MGLC Little Lambs
Post a Comment
<< Home