Summary of our week
Sorry I haven't been diligent about posting this week. It has been pretty crazy around here. Our free time at night has been consumed by making house decisions. We figure we will have one more week of craziness with the construction (in terms of decision making and things happening at lightening speed) and then it should slow down a bit.
We had a great week. Having Grandma here to help out was awesome. I was sad to see her go yesterday. One thing I really enjoyed was just having her here during the day to hang out and visit. It was nice. And I think we got an afternoon nap in every day. ;)
Dad and Josephine came yesterday and will be here for the next week. I think I want to be on bedrest more often because then I get to have family visit. It's so much fun! :) Tomorrow since the daycare is closed, Dad, Jo, Chris, and Cayden are headed to the Minnesota State Fair. (A highlight of our summer every year). I have put in my request for treats from the Fair. :)
Cayden's week at "school" went great. He had a few mornings that were tough for goodbyes, but Chris called for updates after getting in to work once he dropped him off and he seemed to recover well even though it was tough to let Dad go initially. He had a water day, wear your pj's day with the Wiggles movie, music day, wear your favorite color day, and bring your favorite toy day. Lots of fun activities in between like arts and crafts, play-doh, playing outside on the playground and in the sandbox. He comes home every day covered in sand, sunscreen, lunch (no bibs at school), and he's always excited about his day. So, we're thrilled. And we can't believe how lucky we are that it worked out to put him at FCDC.
I went to my first weekly doctor appt on Thursday. It was pretty non-eventful. They did a "mini" ultrasound just to check to baby a little bit. I was excited for Grandma...it was the first ultrasound she had ever seen!!!!! They asked me how I'd been feeling and if there had been any changes in bleeding/pain/etc. (I was happy to report "no"). They said they are happy to see that bedrest is apparently working so far. Tomorrow is day one of 27 weeks, so I'm almost to my first goal of 28!!
Chris has been working his you know what off. Today he and a "crew" of my Dad, Wiley, and Matt are running low voltage wire which includes cable/phone/doorbell/internet. All on probably 4 hours of sleep because Cayden was up off and on from about 1AM until 3:30 or so and we went to sleep late. DARNIT! Coffee is his best friend now.
Well, that's my update. Thank you all for your phone calls, well wishes, flowers, food, etc. We are thankful to have such a strong support network. It's what helps to hold us up each day.
Jan
We had a great week. Having Grandma here to help out was awesome. I was sad to see her go yesterday. One thing I really enjoyed was just having her here during the day to hang out and visit. It was nice. And I think we got an afternoon nap in every day. ;)
Dad and Josephine came yesterday and will be here for the next week. I think I want to be on bedrest more often because then I get to have family visit. It's so much fun! :) Tomorrow since the daycare is closed, Dad, Jo, Chris, and Cayden are headed to the Minnesota State Fair. (A highlight of our summer every year). I have put in my request for treats from the Fair. :)
Cayden's week at "school" went great. He had a few mornings that were tough for goodbyes, but Chris called for updates after getting in to work once he dropped him off and he seemed to recover well even though it was tough to let Dad go initially. He had a water day, wear your pj's day with the Wiggles movie, music day, wear your favorite color day, and bring your favorite toy day. Lots of fun activities in between like arts and crafts, play-doh, playing outside on the playground and in the sandbox. He comes home every day covered in sand, sunscreen, lunch (no bibs at school), and he's always excited about his day. So, we're thrilled. And we can't believe how lucky we are that it worked out to put him at FCDC.
I went to my first weekly doctor appt on Thursday. It was pretty non-eventful. They did a "mini" ultrasound just to check to baby a little bit. I was excited for Grandma...it was the first ultrasound she had ever seen!!!!! They asked me how I'd been feeling and if there had been any changes in bleeding/pain/etc. (I was happy to report "no"). They said they are happy to see that bedrest is apparently working so far. Tomorrow is day one of 27 weeks, so I'm almost to my first goal of 28!!
Chris has been working his you know what off. Today he and a "crew" of my Dad, Wiley, and Matt are running low voltage wire which includes cable/phone/doorbell/internet. All on probably 4 hours of sleep because Cayden was up off and on from about 1AM until 3:30 or so and we went to sleep late. DARNIT! Coffee is his best friend now.
Well, that's my update. Thank you all for your phone calls, well wishes, flowers, food, etc. We are thankful to have such a strong support network. It's what helps to hold us up each day.
Jan
4 Comments:
At 8:50 AM,
Anonymous said…
Glad to hear you are doing well. What a memorable time to have your grandma with you last week (I am jealous). Jason is starting fall semister today, so by Xmas he is officially half done!! Glad to hear you are doing well, keep up the positive attitude. Love, Elissa
At 2:14 PM,
Anonymous said…
Thanks for the update. Know that you guys are all in our thoughts and prayers. The house is really looking good!
At 10:04 PM,
Anonymous said…
Hey Jan & Chris-
I just got back from up north & was eager to get back on your blog for updates. Glad to see you are home-sweet-(dusty)-home!
Rick is out of town for the week, so I am not going to be able to stop by this week (the kids), but am looking to be more free after next week with school starting. I'll bring you lunch & come hang!
I'll let you know ASAP as to the dates for your volunteer calendar.
Love, Leslie M.
At 8:04 AM,
Anonymous said…
Jan and Chris,
Update was GREAT! I know all had a BLAST at the State Fair and I trust that the famous cookies made it home for your special treat, Jan! I can just picture Cayden with his corn on the cob! Love you three+ mom/mil/gb
Post a Comment
<< Home